Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10: OneDrive Question
Good Afternoon:

I have a question regarding OneDrive:

In the Thrift Store, we have a Surface2 RT. It is set up to access OneDrive online through the internet. The problem is that on Onedrive,, we have a directory that stores our Customer Purchase sheet. If I save it, it looks like it goes to the OneDrive Folder - However, when I go home to my desktop, I try to open this file, and it does not exist, and instead, there are 5-6 copies of this file, and they are old. (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013) However, if I power on the Surface, login and then click on the This PC Icon, I can see a Folder called "Skydrive".

The question is: How do I make the changes necessary to make sure that the OneDrive saves the file in the folder/directory I specify? I think the Skydrive Folder and the Onedrive folder are somehow different, and this is causing the problem. The file does NOT exist, and I think it is because of the differences in the folder/directory names

Any Idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Brian B.
Brian S. Baker
Linux Enthusiast /Computer Consultant At Large/ "The Wizkid"
System Admin: buddy-baker.us
buddy-baker.us

I would Uninstall and reinstall one drive on home computer

then check to see if the problem is fix

(09-27-2017, 04:31 PM)baker7 Wrote:  Good Afternoon:

I have a question regarding OneDrive:

In the Thrift Store, we have a Surface2 RT. It is set up to access OneDrive online through the internet.  The problem is that on Onedrive,, we have a directory that stores our Customer Purchase sheet.  If I save it, it looks like it goes to the OneDrive Folder - However, when I go home to my desktop, I try to open this file, and it does not exist, and instead, there are 5-6 copies of this file, and they are old. (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)  However, if I power on the Surface, login and then click on the This PC Icon, I can see a Folder called "Skydrive".

The question is:  How do I make the changes necessary to make sure that the OneDrive saves the file in the folder/directory I specify?  I think the Skydrive Folder and the Onedrive folder are somehow different, and this is causing the problem.  The file does NOT exist, and I think it is because of the differences in the folder/directory names

Any Idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Brian B.

The problem is that Skydrive was renamed to OneDrive sometime in 2014. When the name changed the web address changed from SkyDrive.com to OneDrive.com. So you will have to install OneDrive on the home computer to see those files.

I read that Windows 8.1 needed an update for the change to take place...Is this what your Home Computer is running?

"Before you uninstall SkyDrive, Grab your files first...then uninstall"

Here is some info from Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17787/skydrive-to-onedrive
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com