Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Live Mail.
Is there any way to stop mail from going into another folder - in this case the to folder - and just stay in the main unread section? Can't find any information on it. Thanks.

I didn't quite understand what you meant there. Are you asking for a way to stop the mails that you send from your mailbox, from appearing in the "Sent" folder?

(09-28-2017, 04:41 PM)Partha Wrote:  I didn't quite understand what you meant there. Are you asking for a way to stop the mails that you send from your mailbox, from appearing  in the "Sent" folder?

No. It's when I switch to some other folder all of the "read" email in the, I guess, unread mail section gets moved to the respective folder of the email address it was sent to. Ok, say i have email address of zyxwvvuts@blahblah.com. After it's been marked read and say I click on some other fold; Junk Mail. The email I had previously read automatically gets moved to folder where all the "incoming saved" mail for the address zyxwvvuts@blahblah.com. Now, I understand that a copy does get put in to that folder BUT, it never happened before I upgraded to Windows 10. Before that it would just stay in that "Unread folder/pane" or what ever it's called.

Is that clear?

Thank you.

But doesn't it sound normal that the read emails no longer appear in the "Unread emails" view? If you've read an email or marked  it as read, it can no longer be classified as an unread mail after all

So if you ask me, it looks like normal behavior. I am not sure why it didn't work like this before

That's a good question! It was funny that it didn't do it before.

Thanks.

You're welcome