Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would like more insight on registry errors
as of now, being a victim of the dreaded bsod, iam quite certain its nothing to do with hard drive nor the ram. it doesnt make sense...due to the fact its only a year old. it would make sense to a 5 or 10 year old pc. anyways, from registry errors would it be common to see such things as : seeing the blue screen must restart message? as well as bsod and the inability to choose anything from the startup list? i want to cover all bases before i get windows installation thingy. and lastly, when i do get the installation program, would it detect that my pc does have current version and it would remove that one and replace with the new installation ?

yes you will completely reinstall windows 10

when you get windows 10  reinstall stay away from registry cleaners, I think that one of the reason your computer crash

Norton, I would not install that windows 10 comes with windows defender should be good enough protection alongside Malwarebytes pro

then what you can do is use NINite to install what programs you need  https://ninite.com/

when you get windows 10 all setup I would recommend you purchase another flash drive and external hard drive

you will use the flash drive to create Macrium reflect recovery flash drive

you will use the external hard drive to store your system image you will create with Macrium reflect so that way if your system crash you can easily restore your system

Buying another external HDD (500)GB or 1TB would be no problem for me. Quirky as iam, i feel more comfortable in "buying" the install disk than asking someone to create it for me. My plan is, to go to best buy, they have 64bit for under 100 -online only. I would ask to order "in-store" and pay up front. Then when the item is ready to be picked up -with alert sent in email i would do so, no problem. Thats how i do things my own way. - iam relaxed doing things in a complex manner , lol?

Buying another external HDD (500)GB or 1TB would be no problem for me. Quirky as iam, i feel more comfortable in "buying" the install disk than asking someone to create it for me. My plan is, to go to best buy, they have 64bit for under 100 -online only. I would ask to order "in-store" and pay up front. Then when the item is ready to be picked up -with alert sent in email i would do so, no problem. Thats how i do things my own way. - iam relaxed doing things in a complex manner , lol?

ok if you have a external hard drive already no need to buy a other one

it would be less in cost if you let a repair shop create windows 10 installation flash drive

it would be more buying the disk from best buy with that being said do what is more comfortable to you

I have to buy another external because many personal files are stored on my wd ultra passport device. Occupying 800 GB from the 1000GB already. It would be better to have fresh copy of external without all that clutter ,agree?

(10-23-2017, 05:21 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  I have to buy another external because many personal files are stored on  my wd ultra passport device.  Occupying 800 GB  from the 1000GB already. It would be better to have fresh copy of external without all that clutter ,agree?
But then you already a have a reasonable amount of free space on the disk where Windows was installed; you need to ask yourself if it's really required

yes I would recommend you get another external hard drive it would be good to have your personal files

and your system image on separated external hard drive

let me clear you will not be installing windows onto external hard drive it will be used to store system images

okies. sometimes my mind gets in a frazzle with so many technical things running around lol. and on that note, i find britec forum atmosphere to be less chaotic then the win10 forum iam on now. they try throw at you massive quads of tehc help that, at times only someone wih a higher tech learning ability would understand. bravo britec

(10-23-2017, 03:22 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  as of now, being a victim of the dreaded bsod, iam quite certain its nothing to do with hard drive nor the ram. it doesnt make sense...due to the fact its only a year old. it would make sense to a 5  or 10 year old pc. anyways, from registry errors would it be common to see such things as : seeing the blue screen must restart message? as well as bsod and the inability to choose anything from the startup list? i want to cover all bases before i get windows installation thingy.  and lastly, when i do get the installation program, would it detect that my pc does have current version and it would remove that one and replace with the new installation ?

Computer errors are not more or less depending on its age, it's user interaction. The user may download something that causes a system error, or changes a setting. The same applies to Malware... Malware is caused by user interaction, the malware can't just get into the system, it has to obtain access through some kind of trickery to fool the user into allowing it into the system.

Edit: I forgot to add that hardware can cause issues, even hardware goes bad when it's new. Hard Drives are the most common. Or a dirty system can cause issues...
L.S. Computer Systems
807 East Broadway
Hopewell, VA. 23860, USA
+1 (804) 715-8185
https://www.lscomputersystems.com

I blame my inexperience of computing that caused the errors. That and registry cleaners. Other people who are tech experts told me it wont harm registry. Thats why its better to expand beyond one tech forum to another. Getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion is important. Iam not commited to any tech forum