Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Product key inquery
I read this excerpt from a tech article....

Quote:Embedded in your PC’s UEFI firmware: Many newer PCs that come with Windows 8 or 10 use a new method. The key for the version of Windows the PC comes with is stored in the computer’s UEFI firmware or BIOS. You don’t even need to know it–assuming you’re installing the same edition of Windows the PC came with, it should automatically activate and work without you needing to enter a key. It’ll all happen automatically.

So when i re install w10, the product key should be intact right? Because as of now, i dont know the key offhand. And from this, there should be like a portable cmd operating on flash-bootable in case of a bsodded pc. Yes, ive decided to go full re install, i do remember now, i set the pc to run "high performance" in power options. That plus norton and 2 dozen pgms attributed my bsod. And lets not forget rollback rx having sinister hand in my bsod.

Learned my lesson guys...dont have too many pgms operating. Only essential stuff. I had 7 browsers, this time, i will only have 3, not counting edge. Anyway, i know my OS is "windows 10 home 64bit" pray the key is intact when i re install.

It should be  tied with the motherboard and  so the activation should ideally take place automatically as you reinstall but if you wish, you can use ProduKey to find your key, and save it for later

if you using UEFI motherboard, it should be activate automatically via online after fresh install Windows 8/8.1/10 without entering product key

i have my key safely stored away when if need it. cheers..the thread is resolved

If it does not activate right away use the phone automation option. That will work
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net