Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High performance mode vs balanced mode good or bad?
Before my pc ran into bsod, i had it using high performance mode. Could that have attributed to bsod? Im thinking when i do clean reinstall very soon, i will choose balanced to be on safe side. FYI -My pc is an asus x540 with 4gb ram and 500gb hdd.

did you get a blue screen?
How to post a blue screen report with WhoCrashed on the forum

Thx for that bit of info compton. But since i cant access anywhere on pc, that program is useless . if can boot into it great

PrimeDirective64 it highly unlike that high-performance mode crash your computer

I know a computer crash can be scary but once you follow the advice on the forum after windows is install it should not happen again

Like Compton said, the performance mode is extremely unlikely to be the cause of the bsod. Just to let everyone know, I also recently came across the bsod and this was immediately after I installed Rollback Rx and restarted the PC

It's been years since I last got the blue screen of death; what's even worse was that  when I  did what looked like a restore to the initial snapshot from the sub-console, it actually deleted all my data from the C drive

Love the many hints i get from this forum. I will no doubt annouce my triumphant and successful return back on pc once i regain use of it before the end of month. But after reinstall, i will be using balanced mode. And as suggested, do backup using macrium free, thus need to buy pack of dvd rw disks. I was kind of careless before bsod, i was running multiple graphics programs, 15 in all. . bsod was ultamite wakeup call. I have watched and saved many vids on bsod and how to prevent it from happening again. As well as many articles of interest

A shoutout to britec -from his most recent video!

(11-04-2017, 03:03 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  Before my pc ran into bsod, i had it using high performance mode. Could that have attributed to bsod? Im thinking when i do clean reinstall very soon, i will choose balanced to be on safe side. FYI -My pc is an asus x540 with 4gb ram and 500gb hdd.

Most of the time the blue screen of death will come from a driver problem and as for crashing this can come from a driver to an overheating CPU as far as the setting goes none of your setting you have with your operating system will cause these problems.
WannaBeGeek

High Performance will not affect your system, in fact, it improves the system performance and is great for gaming users. I think the problem was you had too many graphical programs running like you said and the system couldn't handle it, so it crashed and produced a BSOD.

Honestly, if use High-Performance Mode after you reinstall Windows, you should not have any problems.

PrimeDirective64 Wrote:And as suggested, do backup using macrium free, thus need to buy pack of dvd rw disks.
Yes, macrium reflect is a great option. You can create system images and save them on an External HDD as well as DVD RW discs. Also, make sure you create a system image when your system is in a good state and has the basic utilities.

So this is the order I would suggest:

1.Windows Install
2. Drivers installed
3. Updates Installed
4. Basic Programs installed from Ninite.com

I don't know what you are planning to do with DVD RW discs. but would not use them it can easily be damage

if you are going use you them better not put any important data on them

(11-04-2017, 04:03 PM)Compton Wrote:  I don't  know what you are planning to do with DVD RW discs. but would not use them it can easily be damage

if you are going use you them better not put any important data on them
I would definitely agree with you Compton on this one Wink