Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand new Battery, Laptop wont boot
Hi everyone,

So I recently bought a brand new battery for my Toshiba Satellite laptop because I kept getting an alert from windows saying "consider replacing your battery". I made sure I purchased the right battery and as well as the model number (PA3817U-1BRS)

I inserted the brand new battery into my laptop and plugged in the AC Power Adapter. I found that the laptop would not boot up at all, but when I took the battery out, the laptop booted up fine with just the Power adapter plugged in. Solutions I have already tried are:

Taking out the battery and ac adapter , and holding down the power button for 20-30 seconds to drain out any charge in the laptop.
Other solution I have tried was going into device manager and uninstalling "Microsoft AC Adapter" and "ACPI- Control Method Battery" but no luck with those solutions.

Anyone else able to help me out?

Thanks

Plug in the battery and allow it to build up charge without using the laptop for a couple of hours, sometimes batteries need to build a low charge before they can be used effectively.

If it still doesn't work it may be a bad battery sold to you, contact the seller and tell them whats happening, they may send a replacement.

(11-04-2017, 06:04 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Plug in the battery and allow it to build up charge without using the laptop for a couple of hours, sometimes batteries need to build a low charge before they can be used effectively.

If it still doesn't work it may be a bad battery sold to you, contact the seller and tell them whats happening, they may send a replacement.
Thanks, will give it a try and let you know!

(11-04-2017, 07:10 PM)SiTheFlyGuy Wrote:  
(11-04-2017, 06:04 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Plug in the battery and allow it to build up charge without using the laptop for a couple of hours, sometimes batteries need to build a low charge before they can be used effectively.

Thanks, will give it a try and let you know!
Hi again, I let the laptop charge last night for about 4 hours without use and still no luck. What I noticed was an orange blinking light which I think indicates low power or something.. I'll have to get in contact with the seller I guess

Like GS said you may have got a bad battery, so exchange the battery and go from there. process of elimination.
WannaBeGeek

it could be the laptop charging circuit but like everyone said let make sure it's not a bad battery

Shouldn't we wait for at least 12 hours for a new battery to charge up? Just like new laptop, new phone, etc?
But yeah high chance you got the bad one.
“It's still magic even if you know how it's done.” Angel Angel
― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky