Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pc fails to boot from flash drive (iso)
So i somehow downloaded a win10 iso file to flash drive and went into bios to change boot order. But pc failed to boot from flash. What am i doing wrong? Still trying to find a way to access my bsodded pc without purchasing install disk. Yes i still have blue screen, and the pc ran into error must restart blue screen message. And no, i still cant get into safe mode, i even did hard poweroff 3 times and dont see the automatic repair message. As ive said previously, its a known fact ive got errors in registry, what they are is unknown.

So any hints on why cant i boot into flash would be nice

what is manufacturer and model number of the computer ?

how did you create the win10 installation flash drive ?

Its an asus x540. I may have used either my gaming console or tablet to download the iso file. I tried every which way to regain control of pc, nada. I was able to boot into aomei backupper, but alas, no backups were saved lol. It does have a cmd option, but its worthless. Looks like ill have to buy a genuine disk, ive got the money to get it.

ok it's not going boot to the flash drive because you need  a program to create win 10 installation  

like Rufus or the media  creation tool you just can't copy the ISO over to flash drive, it will not work

PrimeDirective64  let not go around in circles at the end day you need to reinstall win10

like I said in other thread you have 3 option you can take which is

1. use another computer to create win10 installation flash drive
  2. take the flash drive to a repair shop let them create a win10 installation flash drive
  3. buy a windows 10 installation disk

my best advice here is not to go with option 3 because you have a win10 product key already

now when you buy a windows 10 installation disk you will also be buying a win10 product key

which you don't need with that being said go with what option you like best

and let get the show on road and get on with it

If you want to make your flash drive bootable, better use Microsoft's Media creation tool; it can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

You would then need to run the setup and select your blank flash drive when asked; remember to select the option that lets you create the installation media for another pc

Just follow our steps and you should be okay; like Compton pointed out, since your Windows 10 is already licensed, there is no need to purchase it

you may refer to the video below from 0:45 for step by step instructions after downloading the tool

I think best option is to try take to place where i bought pc, best buy. It all comes down to price. But in bottem of pc, is the product key where the barcode is?

(11-09-2017, 07:16 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  I think best option is to try take to place where i bought pc, best buy. It all comes down to price. But in bottem of pc, is the product key where the barcode is?
I don't think the product key would appear there but like I said, the Windows 10 product key should be tied to your motherboard and the activation should take place automatically as you reinstall

(11-09-2017, 07:16 AM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote:  I think best option is to try take to place where i bought pc, best buy. It all comes down to price. But in bottem of pc, is the product key where the barcode is?

if you are looking at pricing getting the disc would not be the cheapest option

PrimeDirective64 I think you are over thinking everything you need to take it one step at a time

Sorry for sounding like broken record..ive decided to try have pc repaired, either send to asus or bestbuy store...thus reducing all anxiety surrounding my issue. 2 months without pc is becoming unbearable. Thank god for reliable tablet

Maybe it is best for the OP to take the computer to a shop. Did not seem to be communicating to well here. Thread Closed
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net