Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix "the gateway is not available"? How to reset registru?
Please respond, is there a way to reset your registry entirely to default without doing a factory reset, i used the ccleaner registry cleaner and it messed up the ethernet on my computer. I remember the last time i did this a long time ago on my laptop the same thing happened but i forget how i fixed it. It has the yellow triangle and says unidentified network. When i troubleshoot it i get "the gateway is not available". When i type ipconfig in cmd the gateway is blank. I know it's 10.0.0.1 because thats what it is on every other device on my wifi, but it doesnt work when i type it in.

Things i tried:
Uninstalling/reinstalling drivers
Installing drivers off of the actual website
netsh winsock reset
Ipconfig /release
Ipconfig /renew
Changing ethernet wires
Changing ipv4 address in case it was blacklisted
Restarting router
Changing the ipv4 to dynamic
Safe mode

if its windows 10 reset network https://www.howtogeek.com/265870/how-to-reset-your-entire-network-in-windows-10-and-start-from-scratch/

Quote:Please respond, is there a way to reset your registry entirely to default without doing a factory reset

Not likely, a default registry would be before you installed anything so it's a null question.

Quote:When i type ipconfig in cmd the gateway is blank. I know it's 10.0.0.1 because thats what it is on every other device on my wifi, but it doesnt work when i type it in.

Are you sure that's the correct range for your router?

Can you access the internet via other devices fine?

Is it just when accessing the router?