Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Service
Hi All,

Did Brian or anyone else make some videos on how to service a Mac?
If not, does anyone have the know how?

Thanks

How to service a Mac is vague. There are several different types Macs. MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, etc. You really sort of diagnose and service all of them in the same way you service laptops or desktop Windows computers. Difference is there is a different OS involved and Apple has different hardware that has built in diagnostics tools that are activated through certain keystrokes at stratup. Google is your friend.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(11-21-2017, 03:07 PM)Timster Wrote:  How to service a Mac is vague. There are several different types Macs. MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, etc. You really sort of diagnose and service all of them in the same way you service laptops or desktop Windows computers. Difference is there is a different OS involved and Apple has different hardware that has built in diagnostics tools that are activated through certain keystrokes at stratup. Google is your friend.

..when I talk about "Services" I dont mean any one issue just yuor basic "Tuneup" "Optimization" "Malware Removal" if applicable.

I was wondering if there were specialized tools to perform this on a Mac
but I guess the following will have to do, please ad if you have suggestions.

CCleaner

Malwarebytes

Temp folders

updates

Defrag

BTW Tim, I know "Google is my friend," I've been around along time before it..
But when I have wiser friends like the 'Tech Crew' here.. I come here to learn off your experiences. Smile

God Bless and Happy Holidays to All!
zinc aka Gary

@ zINc

I can see that Tim was just trying to help; please understand that  there are various versions of Mac OS X, and you didn't specify which version was yours

If you look at the system requirements of any of those software that you specified, you will learn that they won't work on all Macs