Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
google play push notifications on home screen on tablet
In another thread maybe but not here.

(12-02-2017, 01:46 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  In another thread maybe but not here.
Okay

the devicetest app is greyed out so i cant uninstall it. as for cm, ive used their apps in the past and rate them anywhere from 4 to 5 stars. particularly the cm browser. and the cm security lite. if anyone else has seen full screen google play ads while watching youtube videos, say it here. i cant be the only one who has seen them. Sad

If you could share a screenshot of the ad, and another one of the location where the devicetest app appears grayed out, it would be better

you can use an app like Screenshot touch and tap its overlay  icon to take the screenshots

i deleted said ads yesterday...but i was able to get tablet in safe mode with all the apps iinstalled greyed out..this the play store ads didnt show up..i think i did see store ad "try" to show, but i now use anti virus app with screen lock so they would need permission before they show ad on screen..the last, last resort would be for me to reset tablet which i dont want to do yet. the devicetest app is the culprit..there is no way to disable or uninstall it...unless find app that forces it deleted

here is an example of a store ad that i keep getting while in normal mode (this isnt the actual ad)

[Image: android-xapp-app.png]

If the device has root access, you can use Titanium Backup ★ root to remove the app like in the video below

i kind of got scared and pulled out from rooting since after i downloaded root checker, said device is not rooted. not entirely know the ins and outs of the developer section...so if down the road the malware thing gets out of hand, ill just reset tablet. i already backed up files onto flash drive.

Well, root has its advantages; you can modify the system files, remove the  ones you don't need but on the flipside, it can void your device's warranty

Did you check if that app was a device admin like I asked  you to in the other thread?

yesss...but another update to this dilemma...a friend of mine told me an hour ago how he tried to root his $399 dollar tablet and basically bricked it. and to that, ive decided to hold off the rooting business. i dont have any monies to buy a new one. "to all that have given me good hints, i aprreciate it"

I understand