Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did i reassemble my laptop correctly?
I was hearing some weird sound from the speaker on my laptop and later on the hard drive temp got up 116 f (used crystal disk info) so i shut it off for the night and started it up again the next day and the hard drive started overheating again well i decided to see what speccy said and it told me the same about my hard drive but my cpu temp was 189f so i took the battery out and started taking it apart (reason why i took the laptop apart) well after reassembling the laptop i go to turn it on the fan is good but the screen is black then it shuts off well i turn it back on I get the post screen and after that i get something about the system date and time then it boot up to my os and now it seems like the screen is dimmer and is still overheating .

Specs : https://speccy.piriform.com/results/kOSBRJeq3e6pSJOSBz2t3PK

did you clean the Cpu fan did you reapply thermal paste?

if you already did that I would reset the bios by removing the battery

It's hard to say really. I would bet that the reporting hard drive temp is inaccurate. Sounds like your cmos battery is dieing so that's what the system time and date error is. I have seen some older laptops depend on the laptop battery to hold system time and date so removing the battery could have some effect on the time and date. As far as the dim screen goes you may have reset internal settings of the computer. Can you brighten the screen using the keyboard shortcuts that allow you to dim and brighten your screen?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

It could be  because of dust buildup. I would advise you to clean the vents as in the video below and see if it makes a difference

I was thinking about that compton but i dont have any thermal paste yet but i need to get some when i have the money.

I have not tried the brightness keys yet but i will do that.

There isnt any dust inside the laptop but thank you partha

(12-31-2017, 07:02 PM)Partha Wrote:  It could be  because of dust buildup. I would advise you to clean the vents as in the video below and see if it makes a difference

Partha, I am interested forgive me but do you really recommend people clean laptop fans like that?

I don't see a problem as long as it's done carefully but to answer your question, no, I didn't advise this method to anyone until now

oh ok not to take this thread off topic but careful or not what that's doing is taking dust and block the fan and vent's every more

it's also bad for someone health

the correct way to clean a laptop fan is to disassemble the laptop clean the fan reapply thermal paste

that way in the video is totally wrong but every tech do things difference

(01-01-2018, 02:53 PM)Compton Wrote:  oh ok not to take this thread off topic but careful or not what that's doing is taking dust and block the fan and vent's  every more
Different schools of  thought I guess; the way I see it, the idea is to blow the air where the dust is, so that it can be pushed out from the vents and, it is effective

I came across another video where the person implements the same idea but with compressed air; you can also see the dust particles coming out

(01-01-2018, 02:53 PM)Compton Wrote:  it's also bad for someone health
It could be bad if a lot of the dust is inhaled; if you cover your nose with a piece of cloth, it won't  be that big of an issue really

I will have to Disagree Partha but let's not take this thread off topic

maybe we can discuss in on a new thread on the topic