Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Update Stalls at 66%
I have been trying to recover my computer after having boot problems. I followed the britec video about how to repair your computer without losing apps or data. When it get to the point that it is Getting Updates and searching for updates, it stalls at 66% and will not update any farther. Very frustrating. Need help to finish this.

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tested the health of the hard drive?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

(01-11-2018, 11:49 PM)MrMoneyMaker Wrote:  I have been trying to recover my computer after having boot problems.  I followed the britec video about how to repair your computer without losing apps or data.  When it get to the point that it is Getting Updates and searching for updates, it stalls at 66% and will not update any farther.  Very frustrating.  Need help to finish this.

Click on>Start>Settings (little wheel)Updates & Security>Right hand side>Get help with updates>Bottom of window> last link>What can I do if I am having problems with updates>Run troubleshooter

(01-11-2018, 11:49 PM)MrMoneyMaker Wrote:  I have been trying to recover my computer after having boot problems. I followed the britec video about how to repair your computer without losing apps or data. When it get to the point that it is Getting Updates and searching for updates, it stalls at 66% and will not update any farther. Very frustrating. Need help to finish this.

Can you provide the specs of the system which you are having the issue on?

My Windows 10 update is missing 3 updates and when I run it, it "fails" . I have tried repeatedly.

PaulIIII please start a new thread

Thread closed due to lack of response from OP
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net