Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 reset keeps freezing
Hello,

I'm trying to reset my Acer laptop but it freeze constantly. I'm currently up to the point where cortana is asking for my language, keyboard set up, wifi and create account but it constantly freeze randomly. I'm not sure what to do please help

(03-16-2018, 09:59 PM)Yabbie Wrote:  Hello,

I'm trying to reset my Acer laptop but it freeze constantly. I'm currently up to the point where cortana is asking for my language, keyboard set up, wifi and create account but it constantly freeze randomly. I'm not sure what to do please help

If you have reset your computer and then it freezes it more likely means something was preventing the reset from completing successfully regardless of what was being read when the reset was done.

But you can run command prompt as administrator and type each command separately (try a command let it run until it tells you its done)

1st try: chkdsk /f /r

then press y and enter then restart your computer (dont touch the computer afterward just let it run)

2nd try: sfc /scannow

3rd try: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
You want to be sure the command fixed the problem so run a command and when its finished then use your computer as you usually would and if the problem is still there then try the next 1 and repeat what i wrote below the lines above. The dism and sfc command be sure to restart the computer when the command says it had finised

(03-17-2018, 05:21 AM)smirk24 Wrote:  

If you have reset your computer and then it freezes it more likely means something was preventing the reset from completing successfully regardless of what was being read when the reset was done.

But you can run command prompt as administrator and type each command separately (try a command let it run until it tells you its done)

1st try:  chkdsk /f /r

then press y and enter then restart your computer (dont touch the computer afterward just let it run)

2nd try: sfc /scannow

3rd try: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
You want to be sure the command fixed the problem so run a command and when its finished then use your computer as you usually would and if the problem is still there then try the next 1 and repeat what i wrote below the lines above. The dism and sfc command be sure to restart the computer when the command says it had finised

First thing first.... Check the health of the hard drive.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Hello again, thanks so much for all quick help

I tried step 1
( chkdsk /f /r ) but it says
The type of file system is NTFS
Cannot lock current drive
Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

Then step 2
(sfc /scannow)
Windows resource protection could not preform the requested operation

Step 3
(DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorHealth)
Error 50
DISM does not support servicing windows PE with the /Online option

I also tried to check the health of the hard drive by using wmic diskdrive get status but it said pred fail.

So not sure what to do now ?

the hard drive failing backup your data and replace the hard drive

I would advise a clean install of Windows 10 from an installation media; the problem could very well be due to corruptions in the software level

Hello again, thanks so much for all quick help

I tried step 1
( chkdsk /f /r ) but it says
The type of file system is NTFS
Cannot lock current drive
Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

Then step 2
(sfc /scannow)
Windows resource protection could not preform the requested operation

Step 3
(DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorHealth)
Error 50
DISM does not support servicing windows PE with the /Online option

I also tried to check the health of the hard drive by using wmic diskdrive get status but it said pred fail.

So not sure what to do now ?

Well were you able to finish loading Windows? I assume so since you are running these suggested commands. I would try checking the drive with CrystalDiskInfo
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Thanks Partha clean instal worked !!!!! Took a bit cause I needed a working pc to instal windows on to a USB haha ?

But it's done now, thank you so much ??