Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I forgot my windows vista aministrator password
I have an acer aspire 5720 laptop with windows vista that is working fine. But I forgot my windows vista administrator password and I can not install any software and I cannot even use system restore. For recovering or bypassing my administrator password I tried the "free" WINDOWS PASSWORD RESCUER, but almost at the end It gave me the message: THE FREE VERSION CAN NOT RECOVER THE ADMINSTRATOR PASSWORD. yOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION WINDOWS PASSORD RESCUER.

So my question is: For recovering or bypassing the administrator password do I have to buy software, or is there another free way to do that?

I appreciate any information, the more the better for me. Sincerely, oldenter 62.

Brian has done multiple videos on this subject.

Try Trinity Rescue
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Now this question is for another laptop.
I hope this post is read by someone experienced in internet connections because I have a very difficult problem and I cannot connect my compaq presario R2000 laptop with windows xp home edition to the internet.
Before a week ago my wireless internert connection status was almost always ACQUIRING NETWORK ADDRESS with:
IP address 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask 0.0.0.0
Default gateway (nothing)
(And maybe some values for something else that i do not remember)
And about 5% of the time the wireless internet connection status was: CONNECTED. with
IP address 169.254.109.48
Subnet mask 255.255.0.0
(And maybe some values for sometning else that i do not remember)
Then about a week ago I changed the wireless connection property item from client for microsoft network to INTERNET PROTOCOL [TCP/IP] and entered the default and DNS values of my ACER ASPIRE and HP PAVILLION laptops (the same) which do not have any trouble at all connecting to the internet, and now in the INTERNET PROTOCOL [TCP/IP] window of my troubled presario laptop the option for obtaining an IP address automatically is unchecked and the values are:
IP address 109.254.109.48
Subnet mask 255.255.0.0
Default gagteway 192.168.2.1
DNS server 192.168.2.1
And now the wireless connection status is always CONNECTED and saying the signal strenth is excellent, tbut I still cannot connect to the internet. I get the message: CANNOT FIND SERVER at the top, and THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED below the address bar of what it would be MSN page of the microsoft internet explorer browser.
When I use an ethernet cable to connect this troubled PRESARIO laptop to the router, then both my wireless network connectioin and LAN connection can only get the MSN and BBC webpages, but stiil nothing at all from these two pages.
About two months ago I called my ISP and the agent told me to type ipconfig release and ipconfig renew in the COMMAND PROMPT window but could not connect to the internet an she referred me to an agent of my modem company (NORRIS) and this agent told me that my modem is no longer supported, but, as I have mentioned, my ACER ASPIRE laptop (with windows vista) and my HP PAVILLIION laptop (with windows 10) do not have any trouble comnnecting, and both laptops work real fine.
I have also tried entering some adviced values from YOUTUBE videos, without luck.
About three months ago I made a clean install using the install CD and updated all the drivers using the provided drivers CD. The device manager window does not show any yellow flags.
I hope I can still be told of something I can try or be advised of some alternatives of course rather free of charge or of cheap cost.

oldenter62 I would start a new thread with that question

I have added a little more information close to to the end.
Now this question is for another laptop
I hope this thread is read by someone experienced in internet connections because I have a very difficult problem and I cannot connect my compaq presario R3000 laptop with windows xp home edition to the internet.
Before a week ago my wireless internert connection status was almost always ACQUIRING NETWORK ADDRESS with:
IP address 0.0.0.0
Subnet mask 0.0.0.0
(And maybe some values for something else that i do not remember)
And about 5% of the time the wireless internet connection status was: CONNECTED. with
IP address 169.254.109.48
Subnet mask 255.255.0.0
(And maybe some values for sometning else that i do not remember)
Then about a week ago I changed the wireless connection property item from client for microsoft network to INTERNET PROTOCOL [TCP/IP] and entered the default and DNS values of my ACER ASPIRE and HP PAVILLION laptops (the same) which do not have any trouble at all connecting to the internet, and now in the INTERNET PROTOCOL [TCP/IP] window of my troubled presario laptop the option for obtaining an IP address automatically is unchecked and the values are:
IP address 109.254.109.48
Subnet mask 255.255.0.0
Default gagteway 192.168.2.1
DNS server 192.168.2.1
And now the wireless connection status is always CONNECTED and saying the signal strenth is excellent, tbut I still cannot connect to the internet. I get the message: CANNOT FIND SERVER at the top, and THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED below the address bar of what it would be MSN page of the microsoft internet explorer browser.
When I use an ethernet cable to connect this troubled PRESARIO laptop, then both my wireless network connectioin and LAN connection can only get the MSN and BBC webpages, but stiil nothing at all from these two pages.
About two months ago I called my ISP and the agent told me to type ipconfig release and ipconfig renew in the COMMAND PROMPT window but could not connect to the internet an she referred me to an agent of my modem company (NORRIS) and this agent told me that my modem is no longer supported, but, as I have mentioned, my ACER ASPIRE laptop (with windows vista) and my HP PAVILLIION laptop (with windows 10) do not have any trouble comnnecting, and both laptops work real fine.
I have also tried entering some adviced values from YOUTUBE videos, without luck.
About three months ago I made a clean install using the install CD and updated all the drivers using the provided drivers CD. The device manager window does not show any yellow flags.
When on the HELP menu I click "About internet explorer" I go to the aforementioined CANNOT FIND SERVER and THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED page, but if the ethernet cable is plugged to this laptop from the router then when I click the "About internet explorer" of the HELP menu, the ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER window appears and in that window I can read VERSION: 6.0
I hope I can still be told of something I can try or be advised of some alternatives of course rather free of charge or of cheap cost.

Please start another thread on this topic. Thread closed
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net