Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a few questions but will attempt to keep them short.
First, I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Now,....

1) The auto-sign-in settings in Chrome stopped working. When signing into a site the login info shows up but it doesn't login to the account. I think Edge stopped doing such too.
2) Outlook: No matter how many times I click an email for 'This is not Junk' the mail can still end up in the "Junk" folder! AHHHH!
3) Outlook: When trying to put the "Junk" folder and "Outbox" towards the beginning of the favorites list the next time I open Outlook they return to the original positions on the list.
4) In the "Control Panel" I've switched to "Large Icons" and the next time I open the Control Panel it goes back to the category view.
5) Windows Photos keeps closing when viewing an image.

BTW, I have searched on the 'Internets' and have only found a few solutions. However I don't think any of them worked or I couldn't get to the website because it took forever to download; which probably means there was a load of ads. Anyways, I tried to get the registry keys and keyword that were mentioned, and searched for them but nothing showed up.

Does anyone have any advice? TIA.

i would create new account to see if still occurs

Because that number is a scam, if you used it then depending what OS version you used, you can say goodbye to your syskey.

(05-10-2018, 08:45 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Because that number is a scam, if you used it then depending what OS version you used, you can say goodbye to your syskey.

I assume the post is deleted.

Created a new user and it still doesn't work. However, that was after I brought all the folders to my my new user.

Quote button still doesn't work for me for some reason but yea, spammers was deleted.

Is JavaScript enabled in Chrome and Edge? Are you running any browser extensions that may be contributing to the script malfunction?

I'll disable some of them. Thx.

(05-12-2018, 04:29 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Quote button still doesn't work for me for some reason but yea, spammers was deleted.

Is JavaScript enabled in Chrome and Edge? Are you running any browser extensions that may be contributing to the script malfunction?

I've disabled the Norton extensions. I'll take a look at other things. TY.

Still doesn't work. It still doesn't login automatically to websites and it still doesn't save the changes to Outlook. The "Outbox" and "Junk" go back to the default positions and it still doesn't save the settings for making as "Not Junk." I think there is a registry entry that you unclick to save settings. Anyways.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling both Chrome and Outlook or at the very least create a new user account as mentioned and maybe create another Outlook account
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(06-04-2018, 02:35 PM)Timster Wrote:  Try uninstalling and reinstalling both Chrome and Outlook or at the very least create a new user account as mentioned and maybe create another Outlook account

Still doesn't work. Oh well, nevermind.