Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Settings For Windows File Explorer?
Greetings:

I have quite a number of PDF files that I am sorting through. When viewing them in Windows File Explorer, one of the default columns is "Type". I know I can change the setting for each folder, as I found that setting.

.png   Screenshot 2018-07-08 23.22.09.png (Size: 4.68 KB / Downloads: 546)

But, that is quite time consuming. Is there a way to remove this from showing in each folder by way of a global setting somewhere?

Thanks for any assistance you may provide.

I didn't quite understand what exactly you're looking for. Would you like to sort by type by default?

(07-08-2018, 06:59 PM)Partha Wrote:  I didn't quite understand what exactly you're looking for. Would you like to sort by type by default?

No. I want to remove the file "type" column on all folder and file explorer windows. If possible, I would like the default columns (at least in my OneDrive folder and sub-folders) to be:

For folders: Name / Status / Date Modified

For files: Name / Status / Date Modified / Size

My apologies for not being clearer in my explanation. Can this be set as a global setting for all similar explorer windows? At the moment, I have almost 200 folder and file windows, which I am having to manually change.

Does this help: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/17707-reset-folder-view-settings-default-windows-10-a.html