Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart
Try connecting the drive directly to your motherboard using a sata cable and a open sata port on your board.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(09-02-2018, 12:43 PM)Ajaay27 Wrote:  I tried connecting it to my PC with a SATA to USB cable but my computer doesn't recognise it and when I go to Disk Part to check if its there, it is but has a red X on it and when I try to initialise it I get an error.
What was the error? Just so you know, the drive should show up in the Windows PE and we could format it from there with a Windows bootable disk

(09-04-2018, 03:19 AM)Partha Wrote:  
(09-02-2018, 12:43 PM)Ajaay27 Wrote:  I tried connecting it to my PC with a SATA to USB cable but my computer doesn't recognise it and when I go to Disk Part to check if its there, it is but has a red X on it and when I try to initialise it I get an error.
What was the error? Just so you know, the drive should show up in the Windows PE and we could format it from there with a Windows bootable disk

Sorry for being quiet this past couple of days as I've still been trying to figure out the issue.

I purchased a brand new Solid State Drive for the PC and began to install Windows 10, it got passed the initial set up and copying files across but after the first reboot I'm stuck on a black screen now. And this is on a brand new Samsung SSD. You can tell the screen is still on because it lights up slightly along the bottom.

When I plug in another hard drive with windows 10 fully installed on it boots no problem at all. Why is this happening?

The PC doesn't have an HDMI video out, only DVI-I and DVI-D but I only have a spare monitor with VGA so I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter for my monitor, could this be apart of the problem? It works just fine with another hard drive with Windows 10 already installed on it but trying to install windows 10 on a brand new drive from the PC I get stuck at the same point. Any ideas?

(08-31-2018, 03:02 PM)Timster Wrote:  I would run your issue by Shuttle support.

https://us.shuttle.com/support/
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

ok try installing Linux on the new Solid State Drive

now the reason why you are installing Linux is to see if you will get a display after installation

if you do get display its Probably a windows 10 prob;em

if you don't get any display probably hardware

I'm not sure why but when I turned the pc of and on again a couple of times the display worked fine and Windows 10 went on to install and configure no problem at all.

I guess it was just one of those things, it would still be handy to check the health state of the old hard drive even though its not in use anymore.

I think what happen is that windows 10 was failing to install the video driver

when you turn system back on & off windows 10 finally got video driver install

what I would have done if the problem was still happening is inject the video driver from manufacturer into the windows 10 ISO

so when windows 10 are installing it would install the video driver from the manufacturer

Ajaay27 make sure you update the video driver

yeah it would be handy to check I am intersected to see what it say

It was probably the failure to install the video driver as Compton pointed out, or some other issue with the install

If the DVI to VGA adapter was the problem, the display wouldn't have worked at all