Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOFTWARE NOT AUTO ACTIVATING IN WINDOWS 10
I have a very different problem I am trying to figure out. I have 2 friends of mine that have Biofeedback systems on their laptop computers. Software and Scio boxes for medical treatments.

The software is Clasp 64 from ScioEductor.com. Both ladies have 2 laptop computers each with the software on both of them. A HP with a i5 processor and a Lenovo with a i3 processor, both working fine.

They both have Asus Gaming computers different model numbers but same i7 processors, graphics and ram, just different hard drives.
The Asus GL703VM-BH71-cb works fine too, the Asus GL703VM-DB74 does all programs but a Disease Directory program that is installed and auto activated when the Clasp 64 program installed and activated. The Disease Directory program is installed in “C:” drive separate from the Clasp 64 program.

When the lady tries to run the Disease program within the Clasp 64 program, she gets a massage saying it needs to be activated.

Here is what I have tried:

I have tried a clean install with only Windows 10, 1703 and no other software on it and still same results.
Also, the Clasp 64 is downloaded, installed and activated live from the Scio Eductor website.

The one thing I did stumble upon, is that none of the computers would run all of its programs in Clasp 64 until I Reinstalled Windows 10, 1703 Version (all updates included). With newer versions of Windows 10 the Clasp 64 program would not run all programs including Disease Directory.

Here are the specs for the Asus laptops. (All Driver updates Installed)

Asus GL703VM-DB74 (Not Working) Asus GL703VM-BH71-cb (Working)

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 1703 Version Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 1703 Version
Intel i7 7700 HQ 3.8 GHz. Quad core Intel i7 7700 HQ 3.8 GHz. Quad core
Chip set Mobile Intel HM175 Chip set Mobile Intel HM175
Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5
16 GB Ram 16 GB Ram
Hard Drive: 256 GB NVMe SS Drive Hard Drive: 1 GB SS Drive
1 GB 7200 RPM Drive

I have never posted before, so I apologize for writing a small book.
If you have any ideas why this one Asus is not activating the Disease program I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks Wes

you said the ladies have the software installed on more than one computer

my question is can the software be activated on more than one computer at a time?

(09-19-2018, 02:31 AM)Compton Wrote:  you said  the ladies have the software installed on more than  one computer

my question is can the software be activated on more than one computer at a time?

Yes, with the new version that just came out they can install and activate on 3 computers, before that only 2.

ok I think the problem can be it activated on too many computers

deactivated the software from one of the laptops then try activation on one of the desktop

I understand what you are saying but you can never rule anything out

I'm sorry Compton, should have explained that both ladies have their own system registered with the company.
Both only have 2 computers activated and they are the only computers that have ever been activated.
So it really makes it hard to figure out why just this one out of the four is a problem, even when the specs are almost the same.

ok run both of the software in compatibility mode select windows 7

turn off all windows defender  turn off windows firewall

OK Thanks Compton!

I have the down loader software I can try that with, then it is a Live connection to download, install and activate.
I will turn off Anti Virus and Anti Malware as well.

As a second option: I have the previous version of the software I can install directly, then a Live activation with the website after.

I will have to try on the weekend, as she is using Asus laptop right now with clients, just the one program not working otherwise is great.
I will try sooner if she is not using it.

Thanks again for your Help!

just to add uninstall the software using Revo uninstaller https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

use advanced mode

turn off turn off all windows defender turn off windows firewall

Anti Virus and Anti Malware

install the software then run it in compatibility mode

Yes, I have Revo Uninstaller.

Good advice to use Revo

Thanks Compton

Have an update:

Tried: Removing Seagate Hybrid 1 TB hard drive, a clean install of Windows 10, 1703 version on the Samsung , MZ VLW 2560 NVMe 256 GB ssd, no Anti Virus, no Windows Defender, Still not activating Disease Directory program.

Tried: Replacing with my Samsung Pro 860 256 GB ssd, a clean install of Windows 10, 1703 version, no Anti Virus, no Windows Defender, Everything worked fine!

Then I did Acronis backup and replaced the Samsung NVMe ssd back in to the laptop. Copied backup on to NVMe ssd and restarted laptop. When I started the program it wanted to be activated, when activated the Disease Directory program was not activated again!

Tried: Removed Samsung NVMe and replaced with Seagate Hybrid 1 TB hard drive, Installed Acronis backup on to Seagate hard drive and restarted laptop. Everything worked fine again, but she gets low Ram warning when adding the max amount of processes to the program. Also with the Hybrid she says things run slower (no big surprise)

Guess there are compatibility issues with the program and Samsung MZ VLW 2560 NVMe ssd (I understand from Samsung that this is a first gen NVMe ssd)

I asked if I tried Samsung Evo 970, 250 GB NVMe ssd, would that work? They thought it probably would as it is newest technology and the other was first gen technology.

I Checked and Asus laptop does support M-Key slot, so if it works she will a blazing fast laptop and program, if not back to a 2.5" ssd with slower speeds, but at least not as bad as a 2.5" disk drive.