Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Pro OEM key
Hello,
last month I purchased a Win 10 Pro OEM Key from zero&nine using the Britec discount code and was watching todays Britec video about upgrading Win 10 Home to 10 Pro

I am not planning to use my Win10 Pro OEM key to do this, as I have other plans for it involving a new build, however...

I dont fully grasp the OEM concept, and would like to improve my understanding, can someone help out with these 3 questions please

1..if I tried to use this Win 10 Pro OEM key with my existing Win10 home OEM key what would happen?

2..if it proceeded like the video and changed it to win 10 Pro, have I lost my existing Win 10 Home key for good?

3.. is the validity of the OEM key to do with the drive, BIOS or the motherboard?

thanks
cw2879

1 your windows operating system would upgrade from the home edition to the professional edition which adds features and services

2 if you use a key finder such as produkey or recover keys or magic jellybean key finder I prefer produkey and recover keys you can get you home edition key before you upgrade if you use produkeys it should automatically find the key if not watch some videos how to use it is easy

3 the bios product key stays there if you have a TPM chip installated on your motherboard I’m not quite sure how to change a TPM product key
The original product key from the 1st clean installation stays there sorry I can’t help with number 3

Thanks for that. Questions 1 and 2 are answered. I was looking at this TPM, it can take many forms, one of which is a standalone chip on the motherboard which helps my understanding.

Thread closed I think