Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing SDI program to USB drive
Video 
Hi,
I'm trying to install the SDI driver program to a USB flash drive.
After downloading the SDI program, I spent 6+ hours downloading what I believed to be the drivers (Packs) which I would add to the program to use the USB as a resource to update drivers on a system that needed driver updates. I have the program installed on my USB drive but am not sure how to proceed. The videos I've researched haven't clearly described how one goes from downloading and installing the driver packs to the flash drive.

I'm familiar with how one goes about updating one specific system but would like to have all available drivers/packs added to a USB stick.

Thank you.

did you download SDI Lite or SDI full ?

(11-20-2018, 03:25 PM)Compton Wrote:  did you download SDI Lite or SDI full ?

I downloaded SDI full.

when you run SDI_x64_R1809  from the flash drive

this should show up

select your driver

select install

what option are you getting?

(11-20-2018, 05:31 PM)Compton Wrote:  when you run SDI_x64_R1809  from the flash drive

this should show up

select your driver

select install

what option are you getting?

When I run SDI from the flash drive I get a large box showing options to:
Download all driver packs
Download network drivers only
Download indexes only

I spent six hours downloading from "all driver packs"
I don't know how to access the downloaded files.
I don't know where to find them.

but now I'm not sure that the flash drive is ready with all drivers.

My goal is to have the SDI program with all needed drivers added to the program installed on the flash drive such that I may be able to install any necessary driver when encountering a windows system in such need.

I think what I need the most is a basic tutorial that will carefully run through specifics as to how one goes about adding the SDI program and driver packs and indexes to the flash drive.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

check  the driver's folder it should already be downloaded

(11-20-2018, 06:59 PM)Compton Wrote:  check  the driver's folder it should already be downloaded

Sorry about the delay had to take a nap LOL
I found the files/folders mentioned and I now have them in the same order as you shared.
I don't have the 'logs' folder. All of the downloaded files seem to be in order.

So with these folders in place what should happen next to install the SDI program to be used with a flash drive?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

sorry should be more pacific if you open drivers folder do they have drivers in it

(11-20-2018, 10:52 PM)Compton Wrote:  sorry should be more pacific if you open drivers folder do they have drivers in it

My apologies,
All of the driver folders/files have the downloaded drivers in them. After clicking on the SDI exe file the log folder was created in this same primary folder.

I'm currently sending all of these files/folders and SDI program to a flash drive.

will that resolve the issue?

it would the same if you run it on any computer

1. SDI exe from the flash drive
  2. select close
  3. select updates are available
  4. select this pc only
  5. select apply
  6. select OK
  7. your drivers should then show up
  8. select a driver then select install