Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems Installing AMD Software Error 1603
Hi all

I'm having trouble installing the latest AMD Drivers for my Graphics Card an R9 390 I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Like in the usual way I would use the AMD Cleanup too to remove the driver and restart windows before installing the new driver which has always worked.

But when I try to re-install the drivers I get an error 1603.

Its saying the solution that I need to run the "​Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management"

It says "Error 87" as its not recognized in this context"

And Then it says to run sfc/scannow When I run that in CMD via "Admin"

It says "It found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

Can anyone help?

Thanks Rob

sorry for late reply its holidays & all

run the following command as admin

Code:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Hiya Compton,

When I run that command

I get this error:

"Error 87"

The Restore Health Option is not recognized in this context

In the Dism Log File it says this:

2018-12-23 15:15:39, Info DISM DISM Image Session: PID=1408 Disconnecting the provider store - CDISMImageSession::Final_OnDisconnect
2018-12-23 15:15:39, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1408 Disconnecting Provider: FolderManager - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_DisconnectProvider
2018-12-23 15:15:39, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1408 Found the OSServices. Waiting to finalize it until all other providers are unloaded. - CDISMProviderStore::Final_OnDisconnect
2018-12-23 15:15:39, Info DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=1408 Releasing the local reference to DISMLogger. Stop logging. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_DisconnectProvider