Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding a good driver to use with my ifixit Pro tech toolkit
Hi Everyone,

I have just bought the ifixit Pro tech toolkit which I think is very useful to use for laptops and computers.

I have had a go at opening up laptops, however, there are some screws that are stuck and won't come out. After looking this up, I have discovered that I need a driver or some kind of drill to help with me those pesky screws.

I have seen Tim's recommended driver but I can't find anywhere to buy it from.

Please could you recommend me a useful driver, similar to the Coleman Cordless 5.4v flashcell screwdriver, that can work the ifixit Pro tech toolkit.

Thanks

Rich

So I'm assuming  the screws are stripped? If so Compton had a good suggestion of placing a rubber band between the screw head and the driver to gain more grip. Try that. Otherwise grinding down the screw head is always an option. I use a dremel to do that.

If the screw is not stripped just stuck then any battery powered screw driver would do as long as it as the needed tip sizes to fit.

Quick search bring a few up that will probably work.

General Tools 502 Cordless Lighted Power Precision Screwdriver

GuDoQi Mini Cordless Electric Power Screwdriver

WORKPRO Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(01-13-2019, 04:28 PM)Timster Wrote:  So I'm assuming  the screws are stripped? If so Compton had a good suggestion of placing a rubber band between the screw head and the driver to gain more grip. Try that. Otherwise grinding down the screw head is always an option. I use a dremel to do that.

If the screw is not stripped just stuck then any battery powered screw driver would do as long as it as the needed tip sizes to fit.

Quick search bring a few up that will probably work.

General Tools 502 Cordless Lighted Power Precision Screwdriver

GuDoQi Mini Cordless Electric Power Screwdriver

WORKPRO Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver
Happy New Year Tim,

Hope everything is well with you.

Yes, the screws are stripped. Brilliant! Thanks for the links. Going to buy one now