Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New computer build keeps freezing?
Hi everyone, this computer build I did for a family member seems to keep freezing on him and I can't understand why? After I built it and installed Windows 10 Pro, installed Windows updates etc it was working fine, it never froze once. I have since connected to it via team viewer and this is what I've done so far to try to understand why the computer keeps freezing. (Please note that each time I connected to his PC via team viewer it never froze on me).

I have run some scans (sfc /scan now) which came back with no problems found.
I also looked into the temperatures of everything and everything is running just below 30 degrees which is normal (Nothing is overheating).
I looked into the device manager and everything is normal in there too.
Malware scan with Malwarebytes Pro - no malware found.
Adware scan with adwcleaner - no problems found.
Tried another display to rule out a faulty monitor.

It's a brand new build and I can't figure out what's happening? I was just wondering if anyone else has some ideas? I have included the parts list below:
Everything seemed to work without doing the bios update (as recommended on parts list below) so I did not do a bios update.

Regards

Have you stress tested the computer?

Is there a specific task that is being done when it freezes?

I would put the cpu and graphics under 100% load to see if you can replicate the freezing.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(01-16-2019, 05:04 PM)Timster Wrote:  Have you stress tested the computer?

Is there a specific task that is being done when it freezes?

I would put the cpu and graphics under 100% load to see if you can replicate the freezing.

I haven't stress tested it as such, but when I connected to it via team viewer I had a few things running on it, two monitor programs to monitor temps, cmd sfc /scan now scan, a game opened and team viewer and it seemed to be fine?

just to add to timster post lets do the stress test

I did a bios update, but it is still freezing. I also did a CPU stress test which was fine too.

at which point is the computer freezing?

did you try difference memory?

did you complete the stress test ?  

(01-17-2019, 11:39 PM)Compton Wrote:  at which point is the computer freezing?

did you try difference memory?

did you complete the stress test ?  

It boots fine, works fine when you're using it. But if you were to go away for ten minutes and come back and try to use it as soon as you click on something that's when it freezes.
I haven't tried another stick of RAM as I don't have one spare but I will pick one up and try, I will also do another full complete stress test.

I had planned to install windows 10 pro on another spare SSD to try rule out a software or hardware issue.

turn off sleep and hibernation

then check to see if the system will freeze.

Are you using a wired KB and mouse or wireless?

Have you checked all BIOS settings as these can alter the way the system responds?

using a wireless USB and Mouse combo

I have updated the Bios and everything in there (to what I seen) looks normal?

I am currently installing windows 10 on another SSD as we speak to see if its a software problem on the original SSD