Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with opening Microsoft Word documents
Hi Everyone!
I've been having issues with opening MS Word documents after either saving them or receiving a document via email.

To make matters worse I can say that after much travail I am able to save the document and place it into a folder when then for whatever reason I don't know, allows me to open the document.

I'm sending along a snippet of the error message I receive. I've been through every website I can find to resolve the recommendations from this error box message.

To summarize I'm not able to go to the document file and click on it to allow it to be opened through the MS Word program. What is particularly annoying is that for whatever reason I don't know the MS Word God's smile on me and then permit the process.

I would appreciate any and all assistance.

Thank you so much in advance!    

ok what version MS word you are using

what version MS word the document are in that you are receiving 2007?

I'm using MS Word 2016. I've tested it by sending as an attachment from my version 2016 of Word with the same results.

How to Unblock a File Downloaded from an Email or the Internet https://thirtysix.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202921675-How-to-Unblock-a-File-Downloaded-from-an-Email-or-the-Internet

(03-04-2019, 02:56 PM)Compton Wrote:  How to Unblock a File Downloaded from an Email or the Internet https://thirtysix.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202921675-How-to-Unblock-a-File-Downloaded-from-an-Email-or-the-Internet

Hi Compton,
The website you provided describing how to unblock documents being sent via E-mail was very helpful for me to understand the opening process of email sent docs.

I have no problem upon receiving an attachment via email that I will first save the doc to a location then once saving it I then will right click to properties and then click where it reads "unblock".

However, I do miss the days when one would receive (or send) an attachment and simply open it from whence it came. Is there no way for me to disable this feature when either I'm sending OR receiving the aforementioned?

It would be so nice where all of my friends\family members subscribed to this fine information forum but sadly at least in my circle of friends that isn't the case.

Is there no way for me to send and receive attachments without all of the gymnastics?

I appreciate the idea that this line of questioning maybe a bit tedious but I'm just wondering how many other folks have this same type of issue attempting to send and open attachments.

Thanks so much for your patience. I look forward to your reply.

how to disable Protected View in Microsoft Word https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-protected-view-in-microsoft-word/

Thanks!

let me know if it works

(03-05-2019, 05:22 PM)Compton Wrote:  let  me know  if it works

Hi Compton,
The sites you provided (as usual) were concise and direct. After reading about what the protection is all about I've decided to go with manually unblocking the attachment.
The directions were spot on!
~Phil

glad you got working solved thread closed