Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE11 will only open in Administrator mode
I need to use IE11 to operate an online webcam. Recently I have not been get IE11 to open normally, only if I right-click and run as Administrator.

I have removed the program and reinstalled but that hasn't fixed it. (Potentially I could use IETab or something like that on another browser, but there must be some fix for the original IE11!)

Any ideas, please?

Thanks

Using a Windows IE 11 is a big security risk

I am sure you can use a next web browser

1) Remove any existing IE start menu shortcuts.
2) Use explorer to navigate to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer"
3) Right-click iexplore.exe and select Pin to Start.
4) Use explorer to navigate to c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs"
-or-
From the start menu right-click on the new iexplore shortcut tile and select Open File Location.
5) Right-click the iexplore shortcut and select Properties -> Advanced -> make sure that this isn't checked Run as Administrator and click OK.

Check for system file corruption with the sfc /scannow command using the elevated command prompt.
If sfc could not fix all the corruption, suggest you run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and then run the sfc /scannow again.

Regards,
Jud | Enterprise E5 Expert

Many thanks for replying. I tried your suggestions, but still can't get IE to open, without 'Administrator' mode.

Not to worry, I've got the shortcut set to run in 'Administrator' mode now, so I don't have to think about it.

Thanks again. Smile

(07-08-2019, 07:24 PM)JudySmith712 Wrote:  1) Remove any existing IE start menu shortcuts.
2) Use explorer to navigate to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer"
3) Right-click iexplore.exe and select Pin to Start.
4) Use explorer to navigate to c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs"
-or-
From the start menu right-click on the new iexplore shortcut tile and select Open File Location.
5) Right-click the iexplore shortcut and select Properties -> Advanced -> make sure that this isn't checked Run as Administrator and click OK.

Check for system file corruption with the sfc /scannow command using the elevated command prompt.
If sfc could not fix all the corruption, suggest you run the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command and then run the sfc /scannow again.

Regards,
Jud | Enterprise E5 Expert