Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexar USB Flash Drive
I do have a question to ask about the flash drive. Right now I have the flash drive with 256 GB in FAT32. I understand that NTFS is better than FAT32 but I am not 100 percent sure about this. If yes, then can I format the USB flash drive into NTFS from FAT32. Or don't format and leave this alone like this.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John

It's up to you

Thank you to you for your reply. And I think that I will reformat this flash drive into NTFS from FAT32.

John

If you want to copy a file over 4GB in size to the drive — that’s the one situation where you might want to format the drive as NTFS.
Your removable drive doesn’t need journaling like a system drive does. In fact, journaling could just result in additional writes that could reduce the life of the drive’s flash memory.
FAT32 only supports individual files up to 4GB in size and volumes up to 2TB in size. For example, if you had a large video file over 4GB in size, you just couldn’t save it on the FAT32 file system. if you had a 3TB drive, you couldn’t format it as a single FAT32 partition. NTFS has much higher theoretical limits