Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10 1909 update to 2004
I am running Windows 10 Pro on my PC and having trouble upgrading from 1909 to 2004 ( which you may say do not) but my main concern is an error code 0x80070002 which keeps coming up when I use the Update Creation Tool from Microsoft.
Last night I was running through some of your suggested videos and done the one that covered this error code - inc. troubleshoot, check updates running in services, delete last update and redownload , DISM & scannow but problem still apparent. Thou I have covered most of these aspects before I thought I would give it another try but with no luck.
On my laptop which I have successfully updated the upgrade was shown on the Settings - Update & Security page but the PC this hasn't shown hence thats why I went to the Creation Tool.
I went onto Microsoft Chat and they suggested using ( which I have not as yet) Reset WUEng but looking at your recommendations you have used Reset - WindowsUpdate .ps1 so do you think any of these may sort this error code out.
As I said my main concern is not perhaps the update which you my not recommend but what is causing the error code.

Thanks for your valuable time

I am currently on Windows 10 Pro ver. 1903 and Windows update hasn't worked for me correctly for MONTHS. Can get updates to the latest version, or at least a newer one?

My Start button doesn't even ork. Thx.

I am currently on Windows 10 Pro ver. 1903 and Windows update hasn't worked for me correctly for MONTHS. Can get updates to the latest version, or at least a newer one?

My Start button doesn't even work. Thx.