Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Images Not Displayed Correctly In Browsers. (Full Details Included)
Well, since my last post I made here on this forum back in 2015, things have changed somewhat- instead of the laptop which I had been using as my daily driver, I FINALLY managed to upgrade to my first custom-desktop pc over the last year! (It's not the most recent hardware, but still fairly recent anyway.) But I do have a rather puzzling & frustrating problem: After a clean install of Windows, all of the browsers I use aren't wanting to load certain images on certain websites properly. (Except for IE oddly enough.) ? Why don't we jump right into what has happened & where I stand at the moment?

I don't quite remember the exact time period, but about 2 weeks ago is approximately when I noticed the issue & it was just a few days ago that I chose to do something about it. To set my mind somewhat at ease, I did some 2nd-opinion scans on my system just to see if anything would be found. Zemana AntiLogger is the only 1 I can remember that actually found something. The results showed I had a few infections which I promptly removed, but afterwards I still had the same issue as before. I attempted some troubleshooting on my own: checking the system for corrupt files via the sfc scannow command in CMD as admin (nothing found), making sure Windows was up-to-date (For the most part it was, but I was unable to upgrade via Windows Update to version 2004. Staying on top of all updates is something I tend to make into a priority.), I even went as far as trying to reset my browser settings & clearing my disk cache, but those didn't help either. So I resorted to talking about this with a Microsoft technician & they recommended doing a clean install since Windows Update wouldn't give me the option to upgrade to version 2004 even though I knew for a fact that my pc was perfectly compatible!

Anyway, after putting together a new Windows 10 USB installer, & clean installing Windows 10, the whole process went just fine & I noticed when it finally took me to the desktop, I saw that I was on version 2004! Big Grin So I did what I normally do- I re-installed my drivers, software & then updated Windows. That part of the process also went just fine, but I noticed even after a clean install of Windows, I somehow STILL had the same problem which is quite puzzling to me! So I talked again with Microsoft & we did some more troubleshooting & talking, but I don't think we got anywhere. Now to be clear, I am by far not really the ultimate wizard when it comes to tech, but I have learned a TON over the years ever since I was in my mid-teens. I somehow suspect that it might be a driver issue or something because I've also noticed that my internet speed isn't quite up to snuff because some websites are slow to load for me. But I'll let the more advanced users out there find out & tell me what they can find out. ?

I should also mention that I use several different browsers on my pc: Yandex, Opera GX, Brave, Cent, & Microsoft Edge. For anyone interested, this link shows the components I chose for my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D96g6R

Also, I'm including 2 other links to some other forums where I have posted about the problem.

The Level1Techs forum post: https://forum.level1techs.com/t/this-is-the-most-bizarre-pc-issue-ive-faced-yet-help-advice-tips-suggestions-recommendations-appreciated/162596
The LinusTechTips forum post: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1257381-this-is-very-baffling/?tab=comments#comment-14117336

If any of you need more details or have questions, ask away & I'll be sure to fill you in! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Smile