Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help! Can't get HP Laptop to install Windows 10
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade an older HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook.

It was running Windows 7 on an old mechanical hard drive before just fine, I installed a brand new crucial BX500 120GB SSD in it and proceeded to install Windows 10 from USB and problems hit from the start. For a start Windows 10 was refusing to install on the SSD, I managed to sort that and got past the initial Windows files install to SSD but as soon as the computer needed to reboot to continue the install I keep getting a 'Hard Disk Error' Hard Disk 1 (3F1).

Everywhere on google keeps saying to change EUFI but I have no option at all like that in Bios, I can only change boot order and that's basically it. I know there is nothing wrong with the SSD as I tried it in another machine. From the Windows 10 install tool the SSD is picked up every time so I know the laptop is detecting the drive no problem but it won't go past that error no matter what I try.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I have fully installed Windows on the SSD from another HP Laptop, I put the SSD back into the original HP dv6 and still getting hard disk error.