Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DisablePagingExecutive (i have a question)
DisablePagingExecutive after disable of pagefile

I've been hearing about if you have 4gb or more of Ram you can disable your pagefile?

Should this tweak be done? And if so can it be done safely?

Didn't you already get your answer some time ago https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disablepagingexecutive-whats-the-worst-that-can-happen.177976/#post-1392627

I did have a simular question but it was about the prefetcher and superfetcher keys in the registry.

I totally spaced that reply on techspot, I'm sorry. I forgot I even had an account with techspot.at that time I read topics on disable paging executive and tried it. But I never was able to ask a tech that I'm familiar with until I found this forum, what the real outcome of the key was which I was hoping to find out on here.

If you have ample RAM then disabling makes no difference what so ever it's really only for debugging purposes. The only time it may be beneficial is if you have a small amount of RAM, but again the difference would be marginal.

Oh ok thankyou Smile

For low end machines with mechanical drives is there tweaks in the registry that can increase the speed of a machine?