Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lot of pictures got corrupted, trying to find a way to fix it
Photo 
Hello,
I have a flash drive that, (I think it got corrupted because some of the files have crazy names), had some a lot of pictures but when I open the pictures in the Windows Explorer, some have a grey line in the middle and some have other crazy colors, but the weird thing is that in the preview on the left bottom corner, you can see the picture fine and clear, but once you open it to see it in full screen, its all messed up. If anybody knows of how to fix the pictures or now of any programs, I would really appreciated.

Thanks
Pepe Smile

I'm running Windows 7 Pro

Have you tried safe mode? Also try a linux live disk and boot from it.

(01-28-2015, 02:38 AM)TopFreeware Wrote:  Have you tried safe mode? Also try a linux live disk and boot from it.

I have tried other operating systems but its the same, I have also tried looking at them from other computers and it is the same thing

Any difference if you rename them? copy them to the PC?

(01-28-2015, 02:51 AM)TopFreeware Wrote:  Any difference if you rename them? copy them to the PC?

I have them in my PC but I tried renaming but it is still the same Sad

So what programs are you using to open the images? Just win explorer?

(01-28-2015, 03:01 AM)TopFreeware Wrote:  So what programs are you using to open the images? Just win explorer?

Yes, I'm using Win Explorer

What happens if you open with paint?

(01-28-2015, 03:04 AM)TopFreeware Wrote:  What happens if you open with paint?

It's the same Sad

OK, try downloading a third party free program like xnview and see if that works.