Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intel (r) hd 3000 issue help me please
I used hp support assistant which told me to install a few drivers one of these drivers were for my graphics card so i installed it and now i get my desktop screen turning green and has lines through it. is this problem fixable or is my graphics card shot? If the problem is fixable how can it be fixed?

Hp 8460p notebook
Windows 7 professional 64bit
I5 intel processor with 4gb of ram

Are they horizontal lines or vertical?

Does it disappear if you move the laptop lid back and forward?

Is this a external graphics card or a PCIE adapter?

Vertical lines
The green and vertical lines go away after 20 seconds (estimated time)

Its the integrated card for the laptop

It started after i installed the graphics driver which the graphics driver i had before worked amazing and no problems at all but like a d.a. i assumed it was a new deiver and that hp updated their software to where it would
uninstall the previous or atleast tell me i need to uninstall the previous driver before proceeding with the new.

Ugh I knew better idk why i did it anyways

I would simply roll back the driver.

If unsure how see; https://www.guidingtech.com/9834/how-to-roll-back-drivers-in-windows-7/

Thats the first thing i tried after i seen the discolorment actually lol. But the roll back option wasnt highlighted for use unfortunately

Is it the same in Safe mode?

Im not sure now. I booted into safe mode and went into device manager and uninstalled the graphics driver then restarted the pc afterwards and then once i got back to the main desktop i reinstalled the driver and it seems to be working good now but im not 100% im in the clear yet

Best thing is to run a heavy-ish program for a while to see if it returns. Or even a game.

Niiice i was wondering about that. I dont play games but im more then willing to try a program if you have one in mind

Well if you want a freebie that's quite large then give GIMP a try.