Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win Xp \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
is corrupt and I need to repair it with selecting r option in recovery etc

I hav a win xp CD which if i get a problem i reinstall win xp completely but, this error it boots from win xp then it gets stuck on searching for previous windows versions... i left it there for hr or more but nothing happens an you help please i want my pc back.

hi
you are trying re install windows xp, and you are getting stuck on searching for previous?

maybe you should try cleaning your windows xp CD

(03-01-2015, 01:05 PM)Compton Wrote:  hi
you are trying re install windows xp, and you are getting stuck on   searching for previous?

maybe you should try cleaning your windows xp CD

It's nothing to do with the disc, i've kept it clean since i bought it. It's worked fine previously but because of this error i think it won't let me. I even can't go into safe mode.

that error should not stop you from boot from the cd and re installing/ option recovery

maybe its your optical drive do you have a next optical drive you can try?

(03-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Compton Wrote:  that error should not stop you from boot from the cd and re installing/ option recovery

maybe its your optical drive do you have a next optical drive you can try?

Uhm i only have 1 PC so i dont think so. I'm using laptop right now. isnt it possible to maybe wipe the drive and then install win xp? or can't i wipe the drive without actually getting on the desktop

wiping everything off the HDD don,t make much sense if your optical drive is bad

how would you re install windows XP. maybe you can borrow a optical drive from a friend

or buy a external optical drive but that will depend on how old  is your PC its would have to be able of booting off usb

what brand and model is your PC?
Smile