Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toshiba Satellite wont boot
My Toshiba Satellite C55D-A5120 was working fine but was runnimg a bit slow so I attempted a Factory Reset and halfway through it, it stopped and said "There was a problem resetting your computer" and then it tries to boot says "Preparing Automatic Repairs" for a moment and then takes me to a blue options screen. The options on said screen are, "Continue to Windows 8.1", "Use a device", "Troubleshoot", and "Turn off PC". Ive had the computer less than a year.
Thanks ahead of time for all your help.

Where does it stand now? Can you continue to 8.1?
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

did you try running the factory rest again?

you should try running the factory rest again

I try to continue and it goes to the Toshiba screen and says "Preparing Automatic Repairs" and then the screen goes black and then back to the blue options screen.

I tried running it again it still wont complete

I'm currently trying the reset again

it looks like your recovery partition got corrupted I would contact Toshiba to see if you can get a recovery disc

There is an option to erase data partitions, and a second one that says Delete and Overwrite data partitions

But I wasnt sure enough to mess with it

were did you get that option are you running the factory rest now ?

Its in the "Troubleshoot" section

none of those option would fix the problem the rectory partition got corrupted contact Toshiba to see if you can get a recovery disc

Ok will do

I appreciate your help, what particularly should I ask for? Like is there a certain name