Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP G42-23OUS NOTEBOOK
I have a problem with a H.P G42-23OUS NOTEBOOK AMD PROCESSOR
Symptoms are when i boot up or turn on the computer it will boot up to the hp logo screen and then shut down within a second i hear the fan come on so i know its not that.
this what i have done so far .
took out the battery plug power cord in direct same results.
i did a power drain.still same results.
i changed the power SUPPLY same results
is there anyone having this problem if so please help

ok run HP PC Diagnostics when booting up your computer tap F2 very quickly

the Diagnostics mean will come up run a memory test first then a hard drive test

let see if you will get any error's

(03-14-2015, 04:36 PM)Compton Wrote:  ok run HP PC Diagnostics  when booting up your computer tap F2 very quickly

the  Diagnostics mean will come up run a memory test first then a hard drive test

let see if you will get any error's

I tried the F2 key tapping very quickly as you suggested when the p.c boots up, but still the same results it goes to the H.P logo then shuts off.thank you for your response.

Enter the bios

1. To start Setup Utility:

Open Setup Utility by turning on or restarting the computer. While you“Press the ESC key for

Startup Menu” message is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen, press f10.

2 . When the Startup Menu is displayed, press f10.

are you seeing the hard drive in the bois

[Image: attachment.php?aid=161]

I know this might sound strange but try this.

With the laptop off disconnect the power cable and remove the battery. Then plug the laptop in and power it on to see if it shuts down again
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(03-15-2015, 10:46 PM)Timster Wrote:  I know this might sound strange but try this.

With the laptop off disconnect the power cable and remove the battery. Then plug the laptop in and power it on to see if it shuts down again

I tried disconnecting the power cable and removing the battery as you said Tim but still come up with the same results,one thing i did notice is when the battery is plug into the P.C,The light on the p.c power plug jack turns from bright white to yellow when i plug in the power cord , now when i take out the p.c battery and plug in the power cord it will stay bright (white).then when i boot up the p.c it will go to the h.p logo and within 1 second it shuts down despite the effort that Compton had suggested earlier by hitting the F KEYS OR ESC KEY IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE BIOS SETUP. Also as i posted earlier the CPU fan does come on.so i:am still scratching my head.thank you very much TIM for your reply

its could be overheating yes the fans are working but what could happen is that the air vents could be block up

how it works is that the laptop bottom vents pull in cool air and the side or back vents let out hot air

try this get compress air blow the button vents and the side vents/back vents out

this should work https://www.amazon.com/Falcon-Compressed-Disposable-Cleaning-DPSXL4T/dp/B002ZB6LZA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1426520222&sr=8-10&keywords=compress+air

(03-16-2015, 03:32 PM)Compton Wrote:  its could be  overheating yes the fans are working but what could  happen is that the air vents could be block up

how it works is that the laptop bottom  vents pull in cool air and the side or back vents let out hot air

try  this get compress air blow the button vents and the side vents/back vents out

this should work https://www.amazon.com/Falcon-Compressed-Disposable-Cleaning-DPSXL4T/dp/B002ZB6LZA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1426520222&sr=8-10&keywords=compress+air
I WILL GIVE A TRY THANKS COMPTON

(03-16-2015, 06:31 PM)ronmar Wrote:  
(03-16-2015, 03:32 PM)Compton Wrote:  its could be  overheating yes the fans are working but what could  happen is that the air vents could be block up

how it works is that the laptop bottom  vents pull in cool air and the side or back vents let out hot air

try  this get compress air blow the button vents and the side vents/back vents out

I WILL GIVE A TRY THANKS COMPTON (update) blow out the fans and still the same results

OK at this point I would start disconnecting things from the motherboard. Start with the hard drive. Remove it and boot the computer and see if it shuts off. What we are trying to do here is eliminate a peripheral from being the issue. If the computer still shuts down just keep removing each peripheral one at a time until something changes.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net