Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 gets a BSOD twice, Hard Drive not recognised for an hour then normal again.
Question 
So I just turned on my computer this morning and decided to launch Google Chrome. As soon as I click it, a BSOD popped up. It restarted so fast I couldn't read what it said. After it restarted, I launched Google Chrome again and Minecraft. After about a few hours, it gets a BSOD again. This time it took alot longer to reboot and it said KERNEL_Something_INPAGE_Something. After this, the system booted into the realtek network boot thingy and it tolx me to select a boot device. So I picked Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10, but it could not mount my drives. It said something about shutting down improperly (it had a blue screen) and then I tried a openSUSE linux live DVD. I could not get to the desktop but instead, outputs a terminal like screen and it continously says Something Error, something something something, then I tried a Windows 7 repair disc. When that started up, the screen was just messed up until you can't use it. So I went back to booting normal. What happened? Well, it looked like a terminal loke screen again and it said " A disk read error occured
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to restart "
So I did that but it kept popping up. I tried to reset the BIOS settings to the defaults but then after that the hard drive didn't even show in the boot menu. I powered off the PC for a bit. I powered it on and it worked perfectly fine. I ran a scan eith HitmanPro but after 2 hours it was still going. So I aborted it because it just never ended.

What caused this?

ok its sounds like your hard drive is going bad

follow this guide to test your hard drive

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk infol 

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows