Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP Factory Recovery access via EasyBCD
Thanks for all your well done videos on YouTube!! Very helpful!

In the past, when a Dell PC required reloading but no recovery media had been prepared, I just formatted the primary partition, loaded windows, install Dell Backup and Recovery software and used it to now create the recovery disk set. Now I have the option to reload to Dell factory default.
I have an HP with Win 8.1 that lost its ability to log in so I saved data and tried to perform a factory restore. It failed and I was not able to begin again. I formatted the primary part and loaded win8.1. I installed Recovery Manager but it did not work as nicely as Dell software. So I am wondering if it is now possible to load EasyBCD and point it to the image.wim to start the recovery back to factory? Nothing I have tried so far has allowed me to accomplish this.
Note: The recovery part is 25gb and has 3.33gb available.
On the recovery partition I see about 5 .wim files from ESF to BOOT to INSTALL.

If any screen shot are needed to clarify, I can create them.

Thanks!!

Steve

so the recovery media you create is corrupted

you can,t access the Recovery Manager to create a next recovery media

you may have to order a new recovery media from dell

Read carefully. I have issue with an HP Laptop. Dell never gave me an issue. I, nor customer, ever created recovery media for this HP Laptop. I am just trying to try and initiate the recovery manager or the recovery media creation. I loaded win 8.1 directly on the primary partition then loaded recovery manager downloaded from HP. This approach has not worked.
LOL, Dell does not sell recovery media for HP.
I will order media from HP. I was challenged to try and accomplish this task without the need to order. The 'easy' route is order the disk.

Thanks,

Steve

I get what your trying to do. With Windows 8/8.1 and secure boot not sure if it is going to be as easy to do as with previous versions of Windows. As a side note why not just blow it all out, install a fresh copy of Windows 8/8.1 and create restoration media from there. I know using the factory partition preserves certain software that came with the computer. Using the factory partition also creates loads of work like getting Windows back up to date, patches and updates to software not to mention getting rid of all the bloatware that comes pre-installed on a new computer.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

sorry I was reading your post and my mind got focus on DEll LOL

buying a recovery media might be cheaper then buying 8.1 DVD Smile