Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Screen in Depth usbport.sys
OK guys I'm here, give me a minute trying to locate my screwdriver set.

Hey guys I want to first off apologize to everyone I was unaware of that bit of forum etiquette, I now know better won't happen again. I was asking at the end of the last thread and I know the PC would have to stay opened up, but being it takes 2 hours per stick is it possible to do one or two a day. I  definitely have a full plate in front of me at work next few days, this is also part of my work, needs to be addressed and would be some good knowledge for the ol fella.

yes you can do one memory stick a day or

you could even run the memory test over night when you are not using the computer

Ok Thanks I'm going to give it a try.

Hello everyone, I haven't begun my task as of yet, another question. After my last post and I logged out of the forum I was preparing to watch the vids sent to me I was checking on some things in my control panel when a suggestion box appeared with two suggestions, one was "Windows Memory Diagnostics needs resetting (recommended)" the other was the normal text that comes with these messages. Anyway I chose the first option and it run for quite a while till I couldn't hang anymore, so I let it run and went to bed. When I got up & checked on it expecting a report it was in the same place as when I left it, so I proceeded to cancel the operation and go from there (This was Sunday evening/Monday morning). I have used my system quite a bit since then and have not seen the first blue screen and it seems to be running a bit better, the only thing is  startup is still a bit lengthy. I have disabled some startup programs but it is still sluggish. Do you think I should still run these tests?

yes I would still run it just to make sure

you have no memory problem

Here is the newest WhoCrashed report. I can explain the numerous crashes.

Attached Files
.htm   WhoCrashedOutput.htm (Size: 18.35 KB / Downloads: 15)

Not sure about your memory but check that your usb ports are all physically ok. Make sure none of them look broken. If it is a desktop unplug any front panel usb's from the motherboard and see if the blue screens stop.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

(05-31-2015, 03:08 PM)Timster Wrote:  Not sure about your memory but check that your usb ports are all physically ok. Make sure none of them look broken. If it is a desktop unplug any front panel usb's from the motherboard and see if the blue screens stop.

The ports look physically ok. This evening I was transferring pictures from a camera to a folder and when I plugged the camera into the usb port a message popped up on screen and said "something is wrong with this drive scan and fix all issues" i tried troubleshooting but get no helpful suggestions, Is there a better way to scan and pinpoint the trouble areas?

ok are you only getting the Blue Screen when you only plug in the camera  ?

whats the camera name and model number?