Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Windows Live Mail to new computer
Hello everyone,
my question is :

My old PC died and I want to save the Emails, settings and contacts from Windows Live Mail and transfer to new PC ( Windows 7 to Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 )

many thanks

tmy

here

step 1 https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/mail-import-backup-restore

step 2 https://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/mail-import-backup-restore

Hi Compton,
thank you for your help and the links. I can't open Windows Live Mail as the PC will not boot. I need to find a way to save the Emails and contacts by attaching the drive to another PC so I can somehow access the Emails and Contacts save them and then download and install Windows live essentials ( Windows Live Mail ) and then import the Emails and contacts to new Windows Live Mail install.

Thank you in advanced for your time and effort Compton

tmy

are you running a desktop or a laptop computer ?

Hi Compton,
thank you for your help I'm running a desktop

tmy

ok are comfortable with opening up your system

first you will need a sata cable [Image: sata-to-sata-cable-50cm-cb2603-free-ship...elit@9.jpg]

open up your old system take out the hard drive

then open up your new system connect the hard drive to the motherboard

then go in to bios set the bios to boot from your old hard drive

Hi Compton,
thank you, yes I'm fine with opening the system. I have connected to the old drive

tmy

you need to take the old hard drive

and connect it to your new system

Hi Compton,
thank you I have the new system with the old drive connected
tmy

Hi Compton,
thank you for your help the drive is not very good however and might not perform to good. This is why I was hoping the data could be saved from the
old drive in app data and then transferred to the new install of windows Live Mail ?

tmy

ok then you will need to set the bios to boot from the old Hard Drive what the

model or brand of you computer ?