Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost IP Lease

.png   Event Viewer Lease Denied.png (Size: 20.82 KB / Downloads: 75)             Hi Guys, How is everyone? Took me a few minutes to get here for the MYBB messages. I apologize for it taking so long on the memory tests for Blue Screen In Depth but I do have them coming. I have another serious issue. I lost internet connection last night/tonight while working. After searching around I found in the control panel under network connections it said Broadband Connection -Unavailable Device Missing. Then after further digging in the event viewer I found there were a large number of events in critical, error, warning, information, and audit success spanning from the last hour to several days ago. Have screenshots of all will try and attach them. I've tried a few things I've updated my drivers,I have seen where you can reset the IP and reset my browsers, been through router's settings & configs, and all to no avail. I was hoping to get some insight and help, it's hindering some major progress. I have been stabbing at it all night long and now I have to head off to work so it may take me several hours or so to get back with you. I do appreciate it in advance and I'm headed over to the donation board, I have yet to do that this month also. Thanks Guys, siko.

try this

Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /release

will release the current IP configuration.

Type ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.

I tried the / release /renew and it didn't work, it would release the broadband but leave the ethernet. When I typed in /renew it would blink like it had done something and would leave the ethernet with the same address and would never show anything for the broadband. Is it possible that I didn't wait long enough on the broadband? I would let about 10 or 15 minutes go by before trying again. Or is the ethernet hindering the process.

are you connecting to a router and a modem try rebooting it

by unplugging it for 1 minute then back in

did you try contacting the ISP ?

No haven't contacted them yet, about to give it a shot. Yes I did connect the router &modem and unplugged them, no luck. This is all coming from that BSOD huh?

I don,t think its because of the BSOD

it could be your ISP

router/ modem

windows firewall personal firewall

lets boot up Linux and see if it will work

https://www.linuxliteos.com/download.html

I'm about to boot up Linux just wanted to say I just got off the phone with ISP and everything checked out fine internet was up & running, modem was clear and working fine, router as well, and it actually took the yellow warning icon off of the network icon and let me connect to the web with the device cables the way they should be, checked network & event viewer in control panel and still have the same messages but on the internet with everything connected as it should be.

ok I would run this program

then watch to see what will happen

https://briteccomputers.co.uk/posts/repair-internet-connection-problems/

Hey Compton that did the trick my friend, I still have the red X on broadband connection and the device is still missing I have no idea where it went, but there aren't any denied lease errors or warnings in event viewer haven't been since this morning. I was actually looking at the repair internet connection tool in networking when I realized that's where I should have put this thread. I also wanted to ask you a couple of questions 1) When I downloaded the WhoCrashed program the site I downloaded from had several other tools that looked very helpful & interesting are they worth putting in a tool box? This internet repair is one of them too right? 2) I've heard plenty of good things about this Linux I downloaded, what's your opinion on it?

Linux lite is a great operating system for people getting started in Linux

I have not look in to any other tools on the website I will sometime

internet repair is a great tool to have in your tool box