Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Linux mint 17 on Virtualbox Error
Hello Britec,

I have such problem of installing a Linux mint 17 on Virtualbox. see attached screenshot please. help me why it crashed, what i did wrong?

thanks in advanced.

Attached Files
.png   Capture.PNG (Size: 433.17 KB / Downloads: 71)

Have you allocated enough memory?

(06-06-2015, 11:16 AM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  Have you allocated enough memory?

I did 1GB for RAM and 20 GB for Hard.

did you check the MD5 of the ISO it may corrupted.

https://www.winmd5.com/

If this is the KDE version of Mint then you will need to allocate 2048+MB of Ram to install, once installed however you should be able to re-allocate 1024MB to actually run it.

I assume you're running Windows as Host. (not sure why people do this as I would always have Linux as Host and Windows as Guest as Linux handles memory more efficiently)

If you're just testing Mint out (without adding Documents, Music, Videos etc) then 20GB should be fine, if you do wish to use it as storage (like any other OS) then you may need to double the HDD space.

I would like to have two OS in one pc to also test and make better my knowledge on Linux OS's and what u advice me? what will be your professional advice to me? everybody says to Linux is interesting and comfortable. should i keep that virtual box?

(06-09-2015, 07:34 AM)IONx64 Wrote:  I would like to have two OS in one pc to also test and make better my knowledge on Linux OS's and what u advice me? what will be your professional advice to me? everybody says to Linux is interesting and comfortable. should i keep that virtual box?

It depends what you want from them, if you just want to try things out then Vbox is a good way to test but you do have to do a little research. Many will suggest Mint as a beginners choice of course there are others that are easy to learn with as well such as ZorinOS, PinguyOS there is also Ubuntu. Remember these distros are free so you can download as many as you like and play with them to see which you find more usable as each person likes/wants something different.

Also a good thing to start with is learning the command line Linux Command
And, Linux Cheat Sheet