Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 ?
Im signed up for the update but still have no download, just wondering if anyone has got theirs yet or know when the download will be ready.

Not yet. I have 1 Windows 8.1 machine and 3 Windows 7 machines and I'm only getting the "Get Windows 10" sign up notifivation on my Windows 8.1 machine. All computers are fully updated. Haven't even bothered to find out why. I'm sure there is a reason.
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

I think the update will be release to everyone on july 29

July 29th official release however, some people / countries may receive it slightly before others.

(06-30-2015, 01:26 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote:  July 29th official release however, some people / countries may receive it slightly before others.

Hi this is my first post on Britec. Hello all.

Just to let you know that there are a few people (myself included) that is on a 'Windows 10 Home Insider Preview' This is a preview software for windows 10 that allows Microsoft to let you run  Windows 10 before the release date of 29th July.
When I run the software I give continuous feedback to Microsoft that allows them to get a lot of kinks and bugs out of the system. They are planning that it will be ready for the 29th but a lot of people say it will be later than that.
Its basically a 8.1 with a taskbar and a new start button, so I have been told. I have never had a 8.1 computer so I wouldn't know (win 7 H.E.) was my bag til now.. lol
Once or twice a week there will be a 'core build' download that takes an hour or so to download/install and set up your drivers etc. There has been a few up until now 10130, 10158, 10159, 10162, and the latest one that I am on 10166.
Until now I really like the software. In the Microsoft's 'insiders forum' there are always the negative remarks but remember that this is not fully functional software, not yet anyways. Its getting there though :-)

I sure hope it's getting there LOL Undecided Launch day is only 16 days away!
Tim's Computer Repair (TCR) 
1503 Kings Way, Savannah, GA 31406, US
912-220-0765
https://www.TimsComputerFix.net 

Like everything new the end product is always different from the initial plan. The build, plan and the cost is always more. I heard in the forums for that it will be October but I try not to listen to the hearsay. You never know it could be another company trying to throw a spanner in the works. Know what I mean?