Be Prepared for Ransomware If you don’t want to lose you’re data you better be prepared for attacks from Ransomware, once hit with this nasty malware, all your data will be encrypted and you will be held to ransom for a fee to release your data. There is no guarantee you will received this decryption key from the cyber criminals, so don’t say you was not told. You should take some simple steps to be prepared for when ransomware strikes.
1. Backup your data on a regular basis and store it away from the computer you are using. this way if your computer or network gets hit with ransomware, your data will be safe.
2. Use a good layered security, Antivirus, Firewall, Anti malware and Anti Ransom software.
3. Be web smart and don’t make silly mistakes.
* If you’re unsure of a file – don’t click it!
* Don’t click links in email.
* Don’t open attachments from people you don’t know.
* Don’t visit unsafe, suspicious web sites.
* Don’t download from untrustworthy sites.
* Don’t click on malicious or bad links in Facebook, Twitter, Skype, instant messenger chats or any other social media sites.
The ransomware used in this video is Zepto Ransomware, its the new Locky ransom.
Important: Not all ransomware files are decryptable so backup, backup, backup.
Here is a list of some of the most common ransomware today
Need help with computer related issue? join my forum