Check Computer Hardware Compatibility for Windows: Before you buy any new hardware components for your computer, its always best to check Windows Compatibility Center to make sure its going to be compatible with your Windows Operating system. Whether your using Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 or 8.1. You should check before you buy. Most of the time they will be compatible with Windows, but what if you have old hardware and you want to upgrade that old operating system. Microsoft web site will help you to check your hardware compatibility its very easy to do, as your see in my guide below.
Check Hardware Compatibility
Click link to access Windows Compatibility Center webpage.
- Click on “Devices”
- Select the hardware type you wish to search for, I’m selecting “Graphics Cards & Components”.
- Choose your Graphics Card by Brand or Select your from the Graphic Card list.
- You can also do a Search for your graphics card: Example Asus Geforce GTX 970 PCIE GDDR5
- You can select what operating system your using or upgrading to.
- This is also great to check if your old hardware is compatible with your new windows upgrade.
- You will be told if it is not compatible with the operating system you seleted
That’s it, you have just found out how to check hardware compatibility.