How to check if computer boots in UEFI or Legacy BIOS mode
If you want to quickly find out if your in UEFI mode or Legacy BIOS mode. You can do this from the desktop. Just follow one of methods below.
1. Press Windows logo key + X to open context menu > then select Disk Management
2. This is what a (UEFI) EFI System Partition looks like.
3. This is what a Legacy BIOS mode System Partition looks like.
For Windows 8 or 8.1
1. Press Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box >Now type in msinfo32 > press Enter.
2. Once System Information is open > you should see BIOS MODE and Secure Boot, also other useful information you may need.
That’s it, hope this helped you out.