Fix installation failed Chrome failed to start: So your trying to install a new version of chrome? Malware has corrupt Google Chrome installation? or Maybe chrome has stopped working? Now your getting a error message saying “Installation failed. The Google Chrome installer failed to start”. This can happen when you have remnants of chrome left behind on the computer system.
Here’s how to fix “Chrome installation has failed to start” error, just follow this step by step guide to clean out any remnants from the old version of Chrome left behind before installing the new version in your computer:
1. Open Run command by pressing Press the +R on the keyboard.
2. Type in regedit and press Enter.
3. Say Yes to User Account Control. This will open the Windows Registry Editor.
4. Once Registry Editor opens, find the following keys which are related to Google Chrome. Now Right-click on Google folders and select Delete.
Important: Some Google folder locations may be missing on your operating system, just delete any Google folders you find in the above locations.
5. Open Run command by pressing Press the +R on the keyboard.
6. Type in %LocalAppData% and Click OK.
7. Local App Data Windows will open. Locate the Google sub-folder and delete it.
That’s it. You should now be able to install Google Chrome browser. If you not comtuble using the registry editor, another option is to use revo uninstaller
Here is another source of information from Google Chrome errors