How to Speed UP Data Transfer on Pen Drive: Long gone are the days when you used CD-ROM Drives, USB flash drive are as cheap as chips nowadays, you can get a good USB 3.0 PEN Drive for peanuts. These little gems make our life so much easier, whether your installing Windows operating system from a thumb drive or just keeping all your useful utilities on one USB Stick. But are you one of these people that are asking the age old question
“Why is my pen drive so slow” or “How can I increase data transfer speed in pen drive”
(Remember USB 3.0 drives are much faster than USB 2.0 But you need the hardware to support USB 3.0)
Well I have a great tip for you. As long as you’re USB flash drive is in good working order and not suffering from any errors or hardware fault. You can increase data transfer speed of that pen drive by a fair bit.
We use USB Pen Drives on a daily basis, they are more user friendly and kinder to the planet than a CD or DVD discs. They can also store more data and are a zillion times faster when you want to transfer files between computers. The data transfer speed are lighting fast, so installing Windows from a flash drive is quicker than CD-ROM.
So if your wondering why your pen drive transfer rate is so slow, then follow my simple step by step guide to speeding up your pen drive:
Format your USB pen drive to NTFS
1. Right-click the USB drive > Then select Format.
2. A window will popup with some options. Select NTFS as the file system > Change Volume label to a name you like. > Remove tick from Quick Format > click Start
Change USB Drive to optimized for better performance
1. Right-click your USB drive once more > Then select Properties from the context menu:
2. In the Properties window > Select Hardware tab > Highlight USB Drive in my case SanDisk Ultra > Now Click Properties button:
3. When Device Properties window opens. > Click General tab > Then click Change settings button:
4. In USB device properties > under Policies tab > Change from Quick removal policy ( default) option to Better Performance > click OK button.
Note: when you change the USB device policy to better performance remember to eject your pen drive only after clicking on safely remove your USB option in task bar. Never remove the pen drive without using Safely remove USB option, if you just remove USB drive without using the option, you have a risk of losing data from that drive.