Running System Restore from the command line is often the only way to get a system back up and running. Ill describe it from the initial boot.
1. Restart your system
2. When the system first boots, type F8 to bring up the boot menu
3. Select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option
4. Log-on as administrator if needed
5. At your command prompt type %systemroot%system32restorerstrui.exe
6. Hit Enter
6. This will open the system restore wizard
How to Start the System Restore Tool from a Command Prompt for Vista/7
You can start System Restore from a command prompt window if you can’t start your computer in any mode other than safe mode with command prompt.
1.Start your computer in safe mode with command prompt. For more information, see Start your computer in safe mode.
2.At the command prompt, type rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.