Quick Guide on Removing Poweliks Infection: this type of infection is real nasty, once Win32/Poweliks.A is running on your computer system, the Trojan will try and download other types of malware from the Internet and inject them into your computer, this will then allow your computer to be controlled remotely. You will have multiple Dllhost processes running on your system, this can grind the system to a halt, with 100% CPU usage and very high memory usages. Other symptoms are blocked internet browsing.
1. Our first step is to re-enable downloads in Internet Explorer.
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and click OK
2. Click the Security tab then press Reset all zones to default level. and then click OK
3. Now we are going to download ESET Poweliks Cleaner
- Right-click the link above, select Save target as, then select your Desktop as the save destination.
- Once downloaded to your desktop double-click ESETPoweliksCleaner.exe.
- You should now see End-user license agreement and click Agree.
- ESET Poweliks Cleaner tool will now run. if Poweliks infection is detected, press the Y key to remove Poweliks.
4. You should now see Threat Removed “Win32/Poweliks was successfully removed from your system” Press any key to exit the tool.
5. That’s it, you computer should now be free from Poweliks, I would recommend you restart your computer and now run a scan with Eset Online Scanner its a free tool that will help remove any other infections you may have.
Another option is to run scan with Malwarebytes hope this helped, if so please share with friends and family.