Remove Download Keeper Adware: Download Keeper is a classified adware program for online shopping it’s also classed as a potentially unwanted program which is called PUPs for short. Once installed it will add a web browser extension and add-ons to Internet Explorer Chrome, and. Firefox. These browser helper objects (BHO) can track your surfing movements and habits, which is a big security risk to your computer system if left on the PC.
Download Keeper components are no use to you what so ever and its main goal is advertisements which make money for the person who created Download Keeper. Your web browser will start to bombard you with popup ads that you’re never wanted. When using your browser to search on the internet, you will be redirected to adverted site that you never search for. The computer will become very slow and sluggish and you may find your system resources getting heavily used by adware. You may suffer slow browsing and your proxy settings may get changed.
So how is Download Keeper installed on my computer system, because I never downloaded it? It comes bundled with popular freeware programs that you download. Download Keeper is NOT classified as a virus, but the ads can redirect you to an untrustworthy site, which could infect your system with malware or more junkware / adware. When installing freeware programs, be careful to read the EULA (End-user license agreement) it will say Open Candy, this is the adware is program you can use programs like unchecky to warn you of these adware programs that maybe install. Another way is to be careful when installing, remove check marks from programs and toolbars you don’t want to install and don’t agree to Open Candy EULA (End-user license agreement) and programs like Download Keeper won’t get onto your PC and infect your computer.
You can use my guide below to remove Download Keeper or any other malware.
How to remove Download Keeper from my computer?
Uninstall “Download Keeper Online Shopping” Adware by using Add\Remove Programs.
Remove Download Keeper from Windows XP
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Double click Add or Remove Programs.
3. Look in Currently Installed Programs, then select Download Keeper and then click Change/Remove.
Remove Download Keeper from Windows 7
1. Click on Start menu, then Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a Program.
3. Search for Download Keeper and click Uninstall.
Uninstall Download Keeper from Windows 8
1. Click on bottom left corner of the screen.
2. Click on Control Panel..
3. Click Uninstall a Program.
4. Select Download Keeper and click Uninstall.
Next click on the “Uninstall a program” option (as show in image above). using “Classic View” no problem double-click on the “Programs and Features” icon instead.
Search for the name of the ‘Download Keeper’ then Click Uninstall to remove Download Keeper, then scroll through the list and uninstall any potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
If you accidentally uninstall a program you want to keep, you can always re-install it.
You can always use Revo Uninstaller this tool will completely remove unwanted programs and registry remnants from your computer.
AdwCleaner is a free tool which will run a scan of your computer system for malicious files, its going to be checking Services, Shortcuts, Malicious Files and Folders, Nasty Registry entry’s. it will also run scan of all browsers on the system and try and clean and delete any malicious stuff in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser.
I would recommend running AdwCleaner from time to time, to keep your computer clean from all the crap-ware that’s floating around the internet, like Ad-ware, browser hijackers, ad popups and toolbars.
Before you install any free programs, you can always upload to virustotal.com to see if its safe to install.
Right Click AdwCleaner.exe and Run as Administrator
Click yes to User Account Control to continue.
Click Scan button, and wait for scan to complete.
Once AdwCleaner has finished scanning your computer, click on tabs to check what it has found and make sure there is nothing in there you want to keep. (if so remove tick from item you wish to keep)
Nothing to uncheck? Click Clean button to continue with clean-up process.
All programs will be closed to complete safe cleaning process.
Once finished AdwCleaner will reboot your computer.
On reboot AdwCleaner will create a log of what it found and removed from your computer.
Junkware Removal Tool is a security utility that searches for and removes common adware, toolbars, and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) from your computer. A common tactics among freeware publishers is to offer their products for free, but bundle them with PUPs in order to earn revenue. This tool will help you remove these types of programs.
Right Click JRT.exe and Run as Administrator
Push any key to continue with a scan. This can find stuff that AdwCleaner may miss.
Once complete JRT will create a log of what it found and removed from your computer.
Reset Browser Settings
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to “” Icon in top right corner
- Select Internet Options
- Go to Advanced Tab
- Click Reset to set to “Default Settings“
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to the in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for + Show advanced settings
- Scroll down to end of the page and click Reset browser settings button
- Click Reset once more
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Right space on top of browser
- Put tick in Menu Bar
- Select Help > Troubleshooting information
- (example below)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is Free as a on demand scanner, it removes malware pure and simple, it has some of the best protection against Malware, Trojans, Ransomware, Worms, Botnets, Rogues, Rootkits, spyware and many more.
Now if your looking for real-time protection, consider Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium it can prevent malware and websites from infecting your computer is priced at $24.95 for 3 PC at the time of making this tutorial.
Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Run a Scan, Let it update.
- Perform a Threat Scan
Click Apply Actions to Remove Infected files
Please continue with the guide if your still have issues with malware/adware on your computer
Please perform a scan with ESET Online Scan
- Open new browser tab
- Click the button.
- Click on button to download the ESET Smart Installer.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click on to start ESET Smart Installer.
- Click the button.
- Yes to User Account Control warning.
- Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan Archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for signature database, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List of Found Threats
- Click Export toText File, and save the file to your desktop and name it EsetLog. (optional)
- Put tick in Uninstall Application on close
- Put tick in Delete Quarantined files
- Click the Finish button.